Fast time-to-depth conversion in any geological environment.
Paradigm® Explorer™ is a comprehensive time-to-depth conversion, velocity modeling and quality control solution. With unprecedented levels of interactivity and visualization, Explorer performs fast and accurate time-to-depth conversion in any geological environment.
Explorer offers a complete velocity model building and time-to-depth conversion solution that enables the creation of velocity models through an easy-to-use, one-window interface, and one-click conversion between domains. With the ability to perform interactive, on-the-fly preview in 3D space, Explorer provides a simple, flexible, and robust way to define and QC a velocity model using various velocity sources.
Time-preserving and well tie tomography, which were previously only available with prestack applications, have been extended to the poststack domain. Using Explorer tomography, it is possible to consistently tie the velocity model to wells in a single run. The functionality also enables re-depthing, to systematically improve depth seismic-to-well marker misties.
Explorer is an integral part of these Paradigm solutions:
- Reduced depth position uncertainty for seismic data assets in any structural play, done by rationalizing multiple sources of velocity and velocity model data.
- Quick and efficient quality control in 3D space enhances velocity model accuracy
- Quick delivery of final depth maps that tie wells, honor geologic trends, and are consistent with seismic velocities.
- Quantitative uncertainty estimation and stochastic volumetric analysis that help assess the risks associated with depth conversion.
- Less time spent on project setup and result output with a direct connection to standard data stores.
- Support for 3D and multi-line 2D surveys, expanding Explorer technology to all 2D and 3D projects.
- Standardized ergonomic, one-window user interface
- A Global Velocity Modeling application for efficient delivery of velocity models throughout the system
- Time-preserving and well tie tomography
- Interval/average velocity mapping and slicing using well and/or seismic velocities
- 2D/3D multi-survey depth scaling of interpretation data such as horizons, faults, and seismic data.
- Vertical function utility:
- Display and edit velocity & non-velocity functions
- Transform well and seismic velocities and calculate vertical velocity gradients
- Interpretation depth scaling of horizons and faults performed directly within SeisEarth® 3D Canvas.
- Map migration through image ray or normal incidence ray tracing using interval velocity models
- Extraction of well markers from time migrated maps and well bore paths
- Well mis-tie analysis and adjustment for time, velocity, and final depth maps
- Volumetric analysis
- 3D solid modeling toolkit for depth conversion in structurally complex areas
- Geological conditioning of seismic velocities (redatuming, salt masking)
- Redatuming from checkshot data for horizontal wells
- Generation of all types of velocity cubes
- Qt graphics for fast, high-quality display of fonts and graphics
Interactive utilities and add-ons
Explorer offers interactive utilities that provide great flexibility in the implementation of velocity modeling and depth conversion workflows.
- Time-preserving and well tie tomography: Extends to the poststack domain capabilities that were previously only available with prestack applications. Enables the user to consistently tie the velocity model to wells in a single run. A re-depthing capability systematically improves depth seismic-to-well marker misties.
- Geostatistical toolkit: Alternative methods to deterministic approaches for velocity model and mis-tie analysis. Includes tools for semivariogram modeling, cross-validation kriging, and simulations. A variogram modeling window enables the user to define nested variograms and provides support for geometrical anisotropy.
- Crossplot tool: Generate different regressions for velocity mapping and mis-tie analysis.
- MapLan programming tool: Define more advanced grid manipulations and define analytical operations that can be applied to interpretation and velocity grids.
- Vertical Function utility: Display, edit and perform velocity transformation for well and seismic velocities.Display and edit non-velocity vertical functions. Estimate vertical velocity gradients and corresponding V0 from seismic and well velocity functions.
All Epos®-based applications enable interoperability with third-party data stores, including:
- OpenWorks® R5000
- GeoFrame® 2012