Flow assurance and optimization, from exploration to production
METTETM is an integrated flow assurance and production modeling software solution that provides flow performance calculations for wells and flow lines, and integrated field modeling for life-of-field simulation and optimization. It enables virtual metering for allocation of production to wells, and transient flow simulation for dynamic analysis of wells and flow lines. By combining data from predictive reservoir models, production modeling and field instrumentation, operators can continuously monitor production and use field information when forecasting reservoir performance and making operational decisions.
METTE is tailored to get the most out of the reservoir lifecycle. Catering to reservoir engineers and production technologists, it facilitates work by providing access to all types of thermo-hydraulic calculations in a single application..
- Efficiently design and safely operate your system for optimal delivery under any condition
- Envisage multiple scenarios to assess the limits of your system, accounting for all uncertainties, to optimize recovery
- Minimize downtime by effectively responding to events that impact flow, from reservoir to topside
- Combine time-dependent and steady-state flow modeling, for a comprehensive approach to your system
- Benefit from proven performance in both calculation speed and large system handling capacity
- An integrated suite of tools helps users make critical, cost-effective decisions
Users can calculate single well or flow line performance of mono and multiphase flow systems, thanks to the tool’s fast and robust algorithm. The user interface allows simple setup of input data and definition of calculation conditions. Multipliers can be applied to key parameters, like diameter, heat transfer coefficients, and phase densities included in a single simulation. Likewise, settings can be made for different items, such as valve positions for chokes, power for pumps, or gas lift amounts for mass source items.
Integrated Field Modeling
The integrated field module is used for life of field simulations. Users can model production networks from reservoir to topside; include interfaces with service networks and unit operations, such as separators, pumps, compressors and more; and use databases, proxy reservoir models and/or reservoir processes as data sources. Connection with reservoir simulators is simple to set up and use; the module also employs an extremely fast and efficient network optimizer with proven capabilities.
The transient module is used for the time dependent simulation of well and flow line behavior. It provides a speedy, low-cost alternative to available simulators in the market. Typical applications include:
- Cool-down times for different pipe wall insulation configurations
- Calculation of necessary hydrate inhibitor amounts during cold start-ups
- Evaluation of requested times for flow line depressurization
- Determining the effect of inadvertent events, such as accidental valve openings or choke collapses
Initial conditions and time-dependent variations in boundary conditions and other calculation parameters are defined using an intuitive interface.
Virtual metering is a very cost-effective solution for finding well phase flows, requiring only a computer linked to a production database for the retrieval of measured source data. It analyzes the collected data from producing wells to deliver more relevant information about what’s flowing in the pipes. It can be used equally well on historical data without the need for a direct connection to a central data source. Combining known well flow rates with the PID control module provides set points for active components, such as chokes, pumps and gas lift supply, to achieve production targets subject to defined system constraints.