An option-packed well log correlation solution.
The Paradigm® StratEarth® well log correlation application is a comprehensive, easy-to-use solution for the correlation, interpretation, mapping, display and QC of seismic, geologic, and production data in multiple 2D and 3D environments. Possibly the most option-packed correlation system available, StratEarth offers great graphics and convenient correlation tools. The multi-well, multi-log facies log calculator, combined with the sequence stratigraphy track and an easy-to-use stratigraphic column, adds substantial value to the well correlation. The abundant number of track types and data that can be displayed in a well section equals or surpasses that of any competitive offering.
StratEarth is an integral part of these Paradigm solutions:
- Applying a stratigraphic column to wells adds a level of intelligence for controlling automatic correlation lines where adjacent wells may have missing markers.
- The integration of 2D and 3D seismic and geological data into well correlation view both validates and improves the quality of the subsurface model.
- Automatic correlation and map making enhance productivity and usability.
- Quick detection of inconsistencies between seismic data, petrophysical data, well markers and geologic data improves the accuracy of reserve assessments, well positioning and well schematics.
Complete integration makes the geologist’s life easier
StratEarth leverages the flexibility of the Paradigm Epos® infrastructure to rapidly access and combine well, seismic and other data from multiple repositories. Geologists using StratEarth and geophysicists using Paradigm SeisEarth® benefit greatly from the multi-user platform, as it allows them to see each other’s interpretation in the same project in real time. Direct links to Paradigm Geolog®, the industry’s premier formation evaluation solution, simplify the correlation and mapping workflow. StratEarth shares the stratigraphic column used by the Paradigm SKUA® modeling technology, and has access to a variety of other Paradigm technologies that help constrain the geological model.
Flexible well correlation for any environment
StratEarth well log correlation can be used in any geologic environment, including deepwater, unconventional, shale, geomechanics, high pressure/temperature, and carbonate environments. Any well with a log can be displayed in the well section view for correlating, regardless of well path geometry. For horizontal wells typical of unconventional and shale plays, log correlation can be performed in the StratEarth cross section window. Real-time operations can utilize both the StratEarth well section and cross section views. Additional features include:
- Automatic and rapid correlation of hundreds of wells, and analysis of their depositional environments
- Correlation via ghosting of one or many log curves; easy insertion of markers and correlation lines and solid-fill sections
- Interactive facies interpretation, stratigraphic sequence interpretation
- Display of well log data, directly linked to seismic data in time, depth, TST/TVT (True Stratigraphic/ Vertical Thickness)
- Extensive suite of advanced data analysis tools, including crossplots and histograms, property computations, scripting and lithofacies calculations
- Automatic creation of elevation, thickness, and net-to-gross maps inside the correlation window.
- Integration of production data into the log display and production maps
- Access to all seismic data in cross section views along with geologic data
- Drawing of facies correlation in between wells
- Well correlation utilizing ghosting and hot keys for ease of use, in true x-y space
All Epos®-based applications enable interoperability with third-party data stores, including:
- OpenWorks® R5000
- GeoFrame® 2012