A truly geological interpretation of seismic data.
Reliable and proven, Paradigm® Stratimagic® enhances the qualitative and quantitative assessment of a reservoir through seismic facies analysis. It is the leading commercial solution and de facto market standard for facies analysis of 2D and 3D seismic data.
Stratimagic is an integral part of these Paradigm solutions:
Stratimagic can work on combinations of attributes for single/multiple seismic volumes and 2D surveys. The solution also includes a set of interpretation tools that speeds stratigraphic interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic data and correctly distinguishes stratigraphic features. Stratimagic then provides the resulting seismic facies map to the SKUA reservoir modeling system to constrain the geological facies modeling.
Stratimagic features include:
- Use of Total’s neural network technology (NNT) to produce consistent results that are easy to interpret. The use of the Kohonen self-organizing map (SOM) method screens out noise and identifies representative models in diverse intervals.
- Supervised or unsupervised classification
- An easy-to-learn, intuitive, drag-and-drop user interface that integrates with all Paradigm interpretation solutions and shares project data
- Constrained clustering: The user can replace one or more trace in the neuron set and update the remaining traces
- Batch processing
- Attribute maps that can be computed for any given surface or interval
- Facies map smoothing and block smoothing to remove noise and random anomalies from the facies process
- Connection to third-party databases to access seismic, interpretation and well data and then output classification results where supported
- Epos-based and standalone
Multiple classification methods
Stratimagic includes many classification methods: Hybrid, data-constrained, supervised, multi-volume, and multi-line 2D seismic surveys. Stratimagic automated classification methods are used in all types of geological settings, from drilling risk analysis (geohazards) up to 4D projects.
As Stratimagic’s primary classification scheme, NNT creates a proven foundation for recovering “hierarchal structure” from seismic data. The result is more meaningful geologic interpretation. NNT inversion transforms seismic data and attributes into a log property volume. And with the Paradigm Seismic Propagator, you can accurately track horizons that define an interval of interest, a process required for classification, leading to rapid and precise results.
Seismic Attribute Add-on Modules:
- Over 20 seismic attributes computed from the “complex” seismic trace
- Four directional and illumination attributes (dip, azimuth, volume curvature and Lightscape™)
- Coherence Cube® (a registered trademark of Core Labs)
- Spectral decomposition
Stratimagic modules and add-on packages include:
Classification for interpreters
- Integration of facies classification into SeisEarth
- Streamlined workflow in interpretation platform
- Faster, more accurate calibration between facies volumes and facies logs
- Increases geophysical meaning of facies results (“connecting the dots”)
- Easy parameter testing and sharing
- No learning curve thanks to workflow approach
- Integration of QC steps into workflows promotes data validation within the data generation process
NexModel – Seismic facies well log calibration
- Accurately calibrates the facies response from Stratimagic with geological and petrophysical properties
- Performs accurate forward modeling at the well bore
- Distinguishes reservoir properties and observes changes in the synthetic seismic response
- Correlates the synthetic seismic response to field seismic data
- Predicts reservoir properties away from the well location
- Uses the synthetic seismic response to improve understanding of Stratimagic facies traces
- Uses Stratimagic to re-classify data based on modeling to produce property maps
- Provides seismic wavelet estimation, extraction and synthetic seismogram generation
- Includes modeling tools that accurately calibrate the well log to seismic data
- Provides insight into the sensitivity of reservoir properties to the seismic response
- Allows Stratimagic to quickly classify a seismic volume against model traces with known reservoir properties. The result: Better quantitative reservoir property maps
StratQC – Geoscience modeling
- An interactive data analysis application to QC, edit and calibrate Stratimagic maps
- Ensures an enhanced level of confidence in prospect and reservoir analysis
- Calibrates facies maps quickly and accurately to the well data to produce reservoir property maps
- Performs time-to-depth conversions on grids easily using well tops and crossplots for input to geologic models
- Works in a Stratimagic-integrated environment to help the interpreter qualify/calibrate prospects using robust mapping techniques
- Gridding and contouring: Algorithms for smoothing and dip/azimuth calculations. Geostatistics (kriging, variogram, external drift) are also available.
- QC tools: Use of back sampling to relate gridded data values back to scattered ones (i.e. well values to seismic facies grids). Histograms, crossplots and 3D views are critical components in understanding and interpreting the relationships of seismic attributes with reservoir properties.
- Uncovers mathematical functions and relationships using the crossplot tool that can be applied to grids or scattered data in this module. Traditional mathematical operators can be used on one or two inputs.
(*is a mark of Schlumberger)
- All Epos®-based applications enable interoperability with third-party data stores, including:
- OpenWorks® R5000
- GeoFrame® 2012
- Standalone connectivity with Petrel* via RESQML