The industry standard for voxel volume interpretation.
The first of its kind in the industry, Paradigm® VoxelGeo® empowers users to dive deep into 3D seismic datasets for a complete understanding of the subsurface geology. Powerful, with versatile and unique 3D opacity visualization capabilities, VoxelGeo is fully scalable, from the interpreter’s desktop workstation to a collaborative Visionarium.
VoxelGeo is an integral part of these Paradigm solutions:
VoxelGeo offers a complete toolkit for voxel volume interpretation. It remains the tool of choice for interpreters, due to its powerful interpretation and visualization capabilities, simple usage, and complete integration with advanced multi-survey interpretation applications.
VoxelGeo allows interpreters to perform a wide range of interpretation tasks:
- Rapid multi-volume interpretation: Multiple, linked 3D viewers and co-rendering of multiple volumes simultaneously. All volume and interpretation objects are shared for contemporaneous updates.
- Stratigraphic and structural visualization: Unmatched volume visualization options allow you to reveal the features hidden in your data, using the data itself. Rapidly scan vast quantities of 3D seismic data to investigate stratigraphic amplitude variations using flattening, formation sculpting and variable opacity rendering.
- Subvolume detection: Visualize, map and analyze geobodies for rapid interpretation of seismic amplitudes, AVO anomalies and rock property volumes.
- Volume Fusion: Options to easily blend volumes using several powerful techniques to further reveal and investigate volume features.
- Direct attribute calculation: Generate entire seismic attribute volumes on-the-fly using massively parallel GPU processors for computation. Instant access to attribute calculation enables the interpreter to quickly select the most suitable attribute for the task at hand.
- Automated horizon and fault interpretation: Quickly and accurately build the interpretation framework with the Seismic Propagator and FaultTrak™ modules.
- Powerful presentations: Make simple, transportable and embeddable movies or fully scripted videos based on VoxelGeo visualizations, with the QuickAnimator and VoxelAnimator functionalities included in every release.
- Add proprietary algorithms: Extend VoxelGeo functionality using the powerful and comprehensive VgTools development kit included in every installation.
The best just got better
VoxelGeo opacity technology provides the highest quality rendered displays in the industry. The variable opacity displays improve interpreter productivity by allowing interpreters to easily see amplitude anomalies in large volumes.
The latest version of VoxelGeo offers a new, GPU-based approach to 3D rendering of multiple volumes, with dramatic improvements to the visual integrity and refresh speed of VoxelGeo displays. The result: 3D features with high-quality spatial perception. The improved rendering process is able to remove artifacts and reveal much more detail of the actual geology. Direct visualization of fluid contacts enables easy identification of hydrocarbon accumulations.
VoxelGeo visualization features include:
- Support for >8-bit data
- Simultaneous synchronous visualization and interaction between multiple linked 2D views can be used to view volumes from different 3D aspects, showing the full extent of features within the volume.
- Display of seismic, well, interpretation, culture, GeoTiffs, micro-seismic, 3D glyphs, stratigraphic markers and notes
- Seismic display of vertical sections, volumes, chair-cuts, traverses, slabs with opacity, arbitrary planes and co-rendering of up to five separate attribute volumes
- Import and rendering of non-seismic data from TIFF image files
- Crossplotting of two or three data volumes, classification of the crossplotted points, and interpretation of results in a 3D view
VoxelGeo integration and modules:
Integration with Paradigm technologies
- SeisEarth®: VoxelGeo is an integral part of the Paradigm SeisEarth product suite. The integrated 3D canvas allows sharing of seismic, culture and interpretation data, as well as a shared cursor. You can perform visualization and interpretation in VoxelGeo and at the same time, share and review the data on a regional scale with both 2D and 3D seismic in SeisEarth.
- Stratimagic®: Integration with the Paradigm Stratimagic seismic facies classification application improves the delineation of subtle stratigraphic features.
- Sysdrill® DirectorGeo®: VoxelGeo works seamlessly with the Sysdrill DirectorGeo 3D directional well planning system. Asset and exploration teams can use geophysical, geologic and engineering data in a single 3D view to plan wells. Capabilities include volume-based target picking and 3D visualization of the wellbore, as well as identification of potential geohazards.
- Seismic Propagator and FaultTrak: The combination of the Seismic Propagator and FaultTrak, embedded in VoxelGeo, provides the fastest and most efficient tools for computer-assisted fault and horizon tracking within the best 3D volume interpretation environment.
- Crossplot: VoxelGeo’s embedded, volume-based crossplot add-on module enables interpreters to better distinguish anomalous areas from background trends by interactively rotating a three-dimensional, multi-attribute crossplot. Highlighted elements in the crossplot can be viewed in volume inside the 3D viewer, enabling multi-attribute geobody picking.
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8.1, 10
- 64-bit Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.5 and subsequent minor releases, and 7.0 and subsequent minor releases
- NVIDIA® Quadro® graphics card recommended
- CUDA/GPU functionality requires NVIDIA Quadro 4000 or above graphics card
(*is a mark of Schlumberger)
- All Epos®-based applications enable interoperability with third-party data stores, including:
- OpenWorks® R5000
- GeoFrame® 2012
- Standalone connectivity with Petrel* via RESQML