Reservoir Driven Production Risk Management
Reservoir Driven Production Risk Management (RD PRM) is a new combined software and services offering now available through a partnership between Dassault Systèmes and Paradigm. RD PRM helps customers understand how their reservoir changes over time by integrating advanced rock, fluid and stress characterization. RD PRM is a joint solution delivered in partnership with Dassault Systèmes.
Hydraulic fracture characterization for refracking analysis in shale reservoirs
The initial offering will focus on the following key challenges:
Optimize Completion Strategies in Unconventionals:
With falling rig counts and a growing backlog of drilled, but not yet completed wells (DUC) in shale plays, operators are increasingly focused on identifying the best strategies for refracking existing wells or building more optimal fracking strategies for DUCs. The offering will help operators identify these strategies as part of their completion plans.
Producing hydrocarbons from highly stressed faulted reservoirs either through primary depletion or enhanced recovery production can result in unanticipated fault reactivation, leading to potential material impacts, loss of production and possibly the reservoir itself. By integrating a high fidelity geological model with state-of-the-art geomechanical simulation, customers can optimally manage their reservoir and control production risks.
What Added Value Does Reservoir Driven Production Risk Management Bring to Your Decision-Making?
RD PRM combines subsurface knowledge with state-of-the-art rock mechanics to optimize field development strategies during drilling, completion, and production
- Connect the most accurate subsurface modeling solution with the industry’s standard geomechanical simulator for a reliable understanding of stress distributions
- Avoid unwarranted simplifications, tedious re-meshing and re-formatting operations to increase productivity and efficiently perform sensitivity analysis
- Anticipate fault reactivation and seal integrity during production
- Evaluate completion strategies in tight formations
- Optimize rates as the reservoir characteristics change during production
Additional industries, such as mining, geothermal, urban planning and defense, may also benefit from this solution at a later stage.
Related Paradigm Product: