QSI - Using Seismic Inversion for Rock and Fluid Property Characterization
The course teaches you how to:
- Display well data using the Well Log window
- Analyze well data for fluid anomalies using crossplotting tools
- Generate AVO attribute volumes and angle stacks using the AVO inversion operation in the Seismic Operations utility.
- Analyze prestack data for AVO indicators, using AVO tools in 3D Canvas and 2D Canvas applications
- Create synthetic models using the Synthetic-Seismics utility to calibrate well data to seismic data, analyze fluid affects using fluid substitution modeling, and generate global wavelets for inversion.
- Create background impedance models from log and interpretation data, using the Geostatistical Volume Creation utility. The background models will be used in the inversion process.
- Generate rock property volumes (impedance, Poisson’s ratio, Vp/Vs) using simultaneous inversion (PMLI) on angle stacks or gathers.
- Examine inversion results using visualization tools in 3D Canvas.
- Validate the inversion results by extracting logs from the rock property volumes and comparing the extracted logs against the original logs.
This course is taught and guided by an instructor and uses short videos and hands-on exercises for self-paced learning. Videos are available during and after the course through Online University
A basic understanding of prestack seismic data. Familiarity with 3D Canvas, Well Log Window and Section window and a basic understanding of the Epos™ database.
Who Should Attend:
Geoscientists interested in using seismic inversion to generate and analyze rock property volumes for hydrocarbon prospects.
- Introduction to Rock Properties and Elastic Moduli
- The Elastic Moduli
- Fluid vs. Lithology: The Importance of Vp/Vs
- Impedance Attributes
- Analyzing the Well Data for Fluid Anomalies
- Seismic Inversion for Fluid and Rock Property Analysis
Are you looking for a course that cannot be found? Request a Course