SKUA - GOCAD-Modeling Reservoir Architecture using GOCAD
In this course the student progresses through a series of comprehensive exercises to learn how to use the GOCAD Structural Modeling workflow and the GOCAD 3D Reservoir Grid Building workflow to create structural models and stratigraphic grids. It is not intended to be a comprehensive course covering all of the product’s functionality.
A background in geosciences is required. Instructions in this course assume that you are familiar with basic operations in the application. Reservoir modeling experience is helpful, but not required. Additionally, you should have a working knowledge of the operating system you are using for this course.
Who should attend?
Geoscientists, engineers, or other technical personnel interested in using 3D modeling technology to model reservoirs.
- Getting Started
- Reviewing Data and Geologic Settings
- Opening a Project and Selecting Modules
- Creating a Structural Model with the GOCAD Structural Modeling Workflow
- Workflow Basics
- Selecting Input Data
- Defining the Volume of Interest
- Modeling Faults and Horizons
- Fitting Faults to Markers
- Modeling Faults to Fault Contacts
- Modeling Horizons to Well Markers and Checking the Model
- Creating a Stratigraphic Grid with the 3D Reservoir Grid Building Workflow
- Preparing Data for Modeling
- Concepts and Workflow Overview
- Building a Grid with the 3D Reservoir Grid Building Workflow
Are you looking for a course that cannot be found? Request a Course