Carbon Capture and Storage
A key component of all climate pathways to net zero
In the fight against climate change, carbon capture and storage (CCS) is a game-changer. Its ability to prevent carbon dioxide emissions at the source and permanently store the captured CO2 in the subsurface makes it an essential part of the solution. The success of a carbon storage project relies on three main performance factors: storage capacity, injectivity and containment. Reliability of the storage process is key as leakage of CO2 can undermine the value of carbon storage as a mitigation option.
Emerson E&P Software provides the technology to ensure the success of carbon storage projects throughout their lifetime. Our comprehensive suite of software includes tools needed to:
- Enhance confidence in the storage capacity, containment and process reliability by maximizing the information extracted from seismic data about the storage structure, architecture and fluids
- De-risk assessments of storage capacity and containment, and optimize injection capabilities through a thorough analysis of petrophysical, geological, and geomechanical data
- Gain a clear understanding of storage and containment in the storage complex through the creation of a digital earth model
- Make reliable predictions of the injectivity and CO2 flow in the storage complex using dynamic simulations
- Easily understand uncertainties and assess overall risks throughout the project life cycle
- Ensure injection process efficiency by performing dynamic analysis of wells and flow lines
- Make informed operational decisions by monitoring the injection; use field information when forecasting storage performance
- Gain higher efficiency in assessing process reliability through the integration of life cycle monitoring data in an automated workflow
Click here for more information about Emerson E&P Software solutions for the carbon capture and storage industry.
Emerson E&P Software Solutions Help Companies Achieve their Business Goals