Expanding the interpreter's portfolio.
An easy-to-use crossplot tool provides sophisticated analysis of relationships between datasets. The software supports crossplotting on different types of data, such as seismic-driven data volumes, horizons and interpretation data, well data, synthetic data (wells) and vertical functions. Interactive and easy-to-use color coding schemes facilitate the isolation of areas of interest based on crossplot relationships. These areas of interest provide the interpreter with additional information that can lead to more accurate drilling.
Crossplot may be used in a broad range of workflows:
- Perform multi-purpose data analysis and integration
- Analyze the differences between multiple angle stacks and detect fluid anomalies
- Analyze the differences between vintage datasets
- Compare data processed using different velocity models
- Analyze the effect of the velocity on seismic data
- Analyze the relationships between well logs
- Calibrate between seismic and well data
Other projects where Crossplot can be applied include:
- Seismic attribute analysis
- Quantitative Seismic Interpretation - AVO, inversion, and pore pressure prediction
- Formation evaluation
- Time-depth analysis
- Prospect identification
- Geologic targeting
- Interactive crossplotting integration into the 3D environment (SeisEarth™ ) expands the interpreter’s portfolio with tools for incorporating multiple attributes into the interpretation work process.
- Real-time updates of crossplot information enhance interpretation efficiency and productivity.
- 3D viewing of AVO geobodies through dynamic links between crossplot and SeisEarth 3D Canvas provides an immediate, holistic understanding of 3D AVO fluid anomalies in the reservoir.
- Integration of numerous data types (well, seismic, horizons) and disciplines (petrophysics, geophysics, geology) facilitates the interpretation process.
- Unique capabilities for interactive crossplotting open a new range of possibilities for multi-attribute seismic data interpretation in a 3D visualization environment.
- Crossplot results can be visualized in color inside the 3D volume, enabling the identification of regions with specific multi-dimensional characteristics within seconds.
- Interactive capabilities for color coding the crossplot space enable data classification, for more detailed reservoir characterization.
- Multi-panel crossplot enables more efficient analysis of well data from multiple wells/lithologies/logs.
- Ability to easily compute, draw and edit a crossplot relationship between different data types, and save it for later use
- Application of crossplot relationships to generate new attribute files, maps, logs, etc.
- Display of rock physics overlay
- Horizon and well marker-constrained crossplotting for target analysis
- Seismic and well data crossplot in the same space; ability to scale synthetics to seismic if needed
- Customizable color coding schemes - rectangular grid, polar grid (useful in AVO analysis), distance from a curve (useful in seismic reservoir characterization) - that may be used in a variety of workflows
- Back projection of data and colors from crossplot space to data space, enabling 3D geobody detection and other workflows
- Simultaneous visualization of input data and crossplot detections with the opacity engine SeisEarth 3D Canvas)
- Lithoseismic classification on top of the crossplot - define multi-variate lithofacies probability from well data