Interpret prestack data in a poststack environment.
Often lost in the stacking process, prestack data carries useful information that can influence structural interpretations and lithology predictions made by geoscientists. SeisEarth™ makes prestack data available to the interpreter by supporting the simultaneous display and interpretation of prestack and poststack seismic data in a shared 3D visualization environment.
Prestack visualization is supported by flexible data loading capabilities, with no need to reformat or replicate data, so that even very large datasets can be efficiently viewed and interpreted.
Prestack interpretation benefits
- With a common data format for pre and poststack seismic data, coupled with on-the-fly conversion of trace files to efficient brick structures for data roaming, Emerson EP Software has overcome the traditional barriers associated with the use of prestack data in an interpretation and analysis environment
- Quickly and easily validates pre and poststack seismic data received from seismic contractors
- Prestack data supports qualification of reflector type (primary and multiple)
- Prestack data supports qualification of lithology predictions (e.g. AVO/AVA anomalies).
- A full set of visualization techniques applied to prestack data enhances QC and optimizes processing parameters
- One common canvas for all interpretation objects enables geoscientists to share views, extend knowledge and exploit the information contained in prestack data
Prestack interpretation features
- A common file system for pre and poststack data
- On-the-fly seismic conversion of 32 and 16 bit prestack trace files to efficient data roaming formats in shared memory
- Simultaneous display of prestack and poststack data in one view
- Simultaneous display of prestack gathers from multiple lines
- Flexible coordinate system support for offset gathers, angle gathers, and semblance gathers
- Moveout loading and display for QC purposes
- Wiggle mode for viewing specific gathers
- Automatic picking using the Seismic Propagator
- A broad portfolio of prestack processing, interpretation and analysis tools:
- Interactive mute picking
- Seismic propagation on gathers with on-the-fly amplitude extraction
- Visualization of residual moveouts
- Interactive AVO plots
- Trace header displays