SKUA-GOCAD and Flow Simulation
The SKUA-GOCAD™ Production Data Analysis and Reservoir Simulation Link modules provide direct connections to reservoir simulators from SKUA-GOCAD. The application enables the creation of input parameter files for commercially available reservoir flow simulators, the launch of simulation runs, and the loading, visualization, analysis and manipulation of flow simulation results as well as historical production data.
The SKUA-GOCAD Reservoir Simulation Link is an innovative workflow that guides users through all the steps in the construction of a flow simulation model. It is available for ECLIPSE® 100 and 3DSL, but can be used to launch any simulator that functions with an ASCII parameter file.
SKUA-GOCAD Production Data Analysis is aimed at facilitating the comparison of alternative flow simulation scenarios and screening them against historical production data.
Bridging the gap between static and dynamic uncertainties
SKUA-GOCAD Production Data Uncertainty bridges the gap between static and dynamic uncertainties by combining geological uncertainty captured through the SKUA-GOCAD Reservoir Uncertainty (Jacta®) module
and uncertainty in any flow simulation parameters. This process enables engineers to not only obtain a distribution of production profiles, but also to understand the relative importance of geology on production and to identify the parameters that will have the most impact on fluid flow. Alternative models are ranked and screened with respect to how closely they match historical production data, allowing the selection of those that can be more easily history matched.
SKUA-GOCAD and Flow Simulation benefits
- Integrated 3D modeling environment facilitating the passage from reservoir modeling to flow simulation
- Collaborative interdisciplinary environment to ensure that production forecasts are geologically coherent and that geological models are consistent with production history
- Easy creation of flow simulation parameter files for both novice and more experienced users
- Easy creation and comparison of alternative scenarios
- Efficient reservoir model screening
SKUA-GOCAD and Flow Simulation features
- Workflow-driven, section by section, construction of flow simulation models
- Flexible import of existing flow simulation models and parameter files
- Direct launch of flow simulation runs
- Easy creation and comparison of alternative (geological) scenarios
- Calculator for simulation grid properties and production curves
All Epos™-based applications enable interoperability with third-party data stores, including:
(*is a mark of Schlumberger )
- RESQML 2.0.1
- OpenWorks® R5000.10
- GeoFrame® 2012
- Petrel* 2019 & 2018
- Recall™ 5.4.2