SKUA-GOCAD Facies Modeling
For a geologically realistic reservoir model.
SKUA-GOCAD™ Facies Modeling offers tools and algorithms to develop geologically realistic 3D models of depositional facies and post-depositional features. Integrated with SKUA-GOCAD Reservoir Properties and used in combination with SKUA-GOCAD Data and Trend Analysis, Facies Modeling includes a flexible object-based stochastic simulation algorithm (Boolx) and an efficient multiple-point simulation (MPS) algorithm (IMPALA*).
* Developed in collaboration with Ephesia Consult
Facies Modeling benefits:
- A toolbox of facies modeling algorithms enables the construction of geologically realistic reservoir models that honor geological concepts, wells and seismically derived constraints.
- User-built geological bodies can be used to reproduce any geological concept through a fast, object-based, stochastic simulation.
- Geological realism, controlled reservoir connectivity and very large models with an efficient MPS algorithm.
- The breadth and flexibility of the available options allow an efficient investigation of alternative geological scenarios.
Facies Modeling features:
- An efficient, parallelized MPS using (non-stationary) 2D or 3D training images
- A fast, generic, object-based simulation using pre- or user-defined geological shapes in which all object parameters can vary spatially.
- A paintbrush utility to interactively draw bodies observed on the seismic data, or to paint geological facies for use as individual objects or as training images.
- An interactive 3D geological object designer to create individual objects or as training images
-based applications enable interoperability with third-party data stores, including:
(*is a mark of Schlumberger )
- RESQML 2.0.1
- OpenWorks® R5000.10
- GeoFrame® 2012
- Petrel* 2017 & 2016
- Recall™ 5.4.2