SKUA-GOCAD Data and Trend Analysis
Create reliable input for your reservoir property models.
The SKUA-GOCAD™ Data and Trend Analysis module offers tools to organize, validate, analyze, interpret and model reservoir data. It is designed to guide users through all the steps required to establish reliable input statistics for constructing robust reservoir property models. It focuses on de-clustering, histogram identification, and trend modeling for both facies and continuous petrophysical properties, with or without seismic data.
Data and Trend Analysis benefits:
- View your data from different angles
- Remove sampling bias due to wells always being concentrated in the “good” area of the reservoir, leading to more accurate net reservoir volumes.
- Constrain the reservoir models with the right data. As wells often intersect the reservoir grid strangely, users must be able to remove aliasing bias and handle resolution differences.
- Understand, capture and model geological trends in your reservoirs, leading to more geologically realistic models.
- Calibrate petrophysical analysis from Geolog™ with results from Emerson QSI solutions and Stratimagic™; ensure more robust reservoir models by considering all facets of reservoir characterization.
- Create alternative scenarios, as input parameters to reservoir models are often the largest contributors to uncertainty in-place volume estimates and production forecasts.
- Capture of all user decisions through a complete audit trail.
Data and Trend Analysis features:
- Dynamic matrix plot display to enable rapid screening of data, making it easy to compare statistics per reservoir stratigraphic units, data objects, lease boundaries, reservoir facies or other spatial domains, for a better understanding of the data spatial distribution
- Declustering to eliminate bias of global statistics
- Flexible and comprehensive data blocking options
- Easy identification, modeling and combining of vertical and areal geologic trends
- Bivariate analysis to de-trend data: Identify relationships between properties and model them using analytical or user-drawn regression models. Create stationary residuals by subtracting the identified trend.
- Calibration of seismic derived attributes to facies seen at wells; generation of 3D proportion cubes to accurately constrain reservoir models away from wells
- Combination of multiple 3D trends into a single volume
- Smoothing and fitting of histograms to help users derive representative statistics by removing holes, unrealistic spikes, and other sampling artifacts in raw well data, either through ﬁtting a parametric distribution or by smoothing and editing a model
- Quickly create and compare multiple histogram and proportion models, generate and save multiple scenarios for blocked well data, and model multiple vertical trend curves to investigate geological deposition scenarios.
- Workﬂow-driven data analysis for reservoir property modeling: The user is guided through the process, focusing on specific analysis tasks. Alternative workﬂow scenarios may be created for sensitivity analysis and rapid model updates. Built-in audit trails, contextual notes and snapshots may be referenced for HTML report generation.
-based applications enable interoperability with third-party data stores, including:
(*is a mark of Schlumberger )
- RESQML 2.0.1
- OpenWorks® R5000.10
- GeoFrame® 2012
- Petrel* 2019 & 2018
- Recall™ 5.4.2