Accurate forecasts in reduced time cycles
|Parallel coordinate plot showing correlation between history match quality and uncertainty parameters for three ensembles
™ Suite provides a full range of reservoir engineering and simulation tools. Installed at hundreds of sites worldwide, Tempest is used for preparing and navigating the simulation input, submitting and monitoring runs, visualizing and analyzing results, performing assisted history matching, and predicting production uncertainty. The Tempest 2020.1 release provides a powerful new display for Big Loop ensemble analysis along with more accurate physics in reservoir simulation.
- A new parallel coordinate plot that allows highly flexible analysis of hundreds of runs simultaneously. You can instantly filter an ensemble of runs using a wide range of parameters, including history match quality, parameterization value, run type, history match point, and many others. Instantly determine the run with the best history match and its parameters, or quickly identify the uncertainties in your model that influence the results.
- The modelling of remaining oil now includes the important effects of compressibility and physically reasonable handling of relative permeability end points, leading to more accurate recovery calculations.
- Usability enhancements, including easier selection of runs, colors and data on the Diagonal Plot.
In case you missed it, here are key features from previous releases of Tempest.
Key Features in Tempest 8.6
Key Features in Tempest 8.5
- Elastic cloud-based Big Loop™ workflows. Tempest can transparently and dynamically provision cluster computers in cloud environments and remove them when no longer needed. This reduces the need for cloud-based IT knowledge while coping with peaks in compute demand.
- Significant speed up for simulator initialization, several hours per run are saved on large models.
- Usability enhancements, including a 3D ruler, synchronization and tracking on graphs and spreadsheet export.
- Big Loop components for relative permeability conditioning and file compression and deletion.
|The diagonal plot shows the acceptable match between observed and simulated results (shaded area).
Key Features in Tempest 8.4
- Python-based User Quantities, providing a powerful and user-friendly way to define new vectors and logic within a simulation.
- Convergence and performance improvements for difficult CO2 injection problems and when initializing very large models.
- Support for high resolution screens.
- Diagonal plot: A new display for analyzing large ensembles of models to compare simulation results with observed data.
Key Features in Tempest 8.3
- Increased compatibility with industry standard reservoir simulators, enabling users to run third-party simulation datasets, such as ECLIPSE*, INTERSECT* and GEM* models, using Tempest reservoir simulation with minimal changes. This also enables easy embedding of simulation decks into Big Loop™ workflows
- Python-based operations, providing a powerful and user-friendly extensibility framework for intelligent simulation
- Prediction runs restart, enabling significant simulation time saving
- User-defined property import supporting 4D seismic workflows
- Enhanced support for stochastic runs through RFT plotting
- Roxar App Connector new functionality set, allowing cost-effective access to ensemble-based simulation
- Performance and usability improvements
- Further gain in productivity through interactive creation of simulator regions to assign specific properties to pre-defined regions.
- Descriptions of user-defined quantities, making it easy to tailor Tempest to corporate standards.
- Well-to-well flow analysis across all time steps, for greater insight into the dynamics of the reservoir.