Accurate forecasts in reduced time cycles
|Oil-gas-water display showing well production.
™ Suite provide a full range of reservoir engineering and simulation tools. Installed at hundreds of sites worldwide. Tempest is used for preparing and navigating the simulation input, submitting and monitoring runs, visualizing and analyzing results, performing assisted history matching, and predicting production uncertainty. The new Tempest 8.5 release focuses on increasing user productivity, to help operators efficiently exploit both new and established reservoirs.
- Increased compatibility with industry standard reservoir simulators, enabling users to run third-party simulation datasets, such as ECLIPSE*, INTERSECT* and GEM* models, using Tempest reservoir simulation with minimal changes. This also enables easy embedding of simulation decks into Big Loop™ workflows.
- Python-based User Quantities, providing a powerful and user-friendly way to define new vectors and logic within a simulation
- Convergence and performance improvements for difficult CO2 injection problems and when initializing very large models
- Support for high resolution screens
- Diagonal plot: A new display for analyzing large ensembles of models to compare simulation results with observed data
||The diagonal plot shows the acceptable match between observed and simulated results (shaded area). Complete ensembles of runs can be shown for each well. This picture shows the improved history match from the initial estimates (orange) to a refined ensemble (blue) based on assimilation of observed data.
In case you missed it, here are some additional functionalities provided in the Tempest 8.4 release:
*ECLIPSE and INTERSECT are marks of Schlumberger, GEM is a mark of CMG.
- Python-based operations, providing a powerful and user-friendly extensibility framework for intelligent simulation
- User-defined property import supporting 4D seismic workflows
- Enhanced support for stochastic runs through RFT plotting
to learn more about Roxar Reservoir Management Software.