Emerson E&P Software on the Cloud
The Same Best-of-Breed Applications in an Expanded Offering
More Options, Greater Flexibility
The enormous growth in the volume and complexity of data, together with the need to reduce costs and enhance productivity in the oil and gas Exploration and Production market, pose a growing challenge for today’s E&P CIOs. Different business units often have different needs and timetables, and IT departments are expected to support a wide variety of requirements. Add to that the rapid changes in hardware, operating systems and middleware, and the need for an agile, scalable compute and storage environment becomes evident.
Many companies are turning to the cloud as the solution of choice, and as the technology matures and becomes more affordable, the cloud option is increasingly attractive. Emerson is a leader in this groundbreaking technology, with years of experience in cloud solutions. Emerson E&P Software is now drawing on this expertise, and offering its entire portfolio on the cloud.
E&P Software on the Cloud is specifically attuned to the oil and gas E&P industry. This offering is uniquely positioned to provide an effective solution to our customers’ needs, without compromising our advanced science products or workflow integration.
Access Anywhere, Anytime
While the entire Emerson E&P Software portfolio will continue to be available on Windows and Linux, and those who choose to stay on their own servers will always have that option, users who prefer to run their applications on the cloud now have that choice. We offer the ultimate flexibility to suit each customer’s needs.
To access our applications on the cloud, we provide a complete solution, including a Cloud Console (Web application), which manages and monitors the cloud infrastructure (disk storage, virtual machines, clusters, access control, etc.).
The solution includes the best practices and automation tools needed to configure a robust, secure and high-performing environment for demanding G&G applications. We also offer service agreements to operate and manage the cloud infrastructure, leveraging Emerson’s leading expertise in building secure cloud solutions.
How Does Emerson E&P Software on the Cloud Benefit You?
- You continue to enjoy best-in-breed software applications and workflows.
- The ultimate in flexibility – our portfolio is available on Windows and Linux, on the premises and on the cloud (both AWS and Azure are supported).
- Lower hardware costs – no need to constantly update your machines.
- Protect your investment in software – continue to use your existing licenses.
- Using the cloud makes it easer than ever for remote teams to work together.
- Offloads internal IT and removes implementation bottlenecks.
- Emerson is committed to open standards and interoperability; we allow our applications to be run on other vendors’ clouds, while including third-party applications in our cloud solution.
- We’re a strong supporter of industry standards (OpenDB, RESQML, OSDU), which enable the transition to and co-existence with our next-generation cloud applications
Emerson E&P Software on the Cloud is available in two business options, enabling customers to select the most appropriate solution for their operating environment and requirements:
- Customer Managed– Customers run the software on cloud compute platforms and storage, managed by their IT organization.
- Emerson Operated – Emerson provides a service for managing IT operations on the cloud for our customers, including managing the cloud platform, software support, maintenance and operation.